Studio Policy & Classroom Etiquette
On behalf of Ann Freeman Dance Academy and its Faculty I would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm and sincere "WELCOME" to each of you.
If you have been with us before you are familiar with our policies. If you are a newcomer to the Academy we want to let you know that our policies are intended to insure that every student receives the utmost attention, an opportunity to advance, and to support the disciplines so vital to the success of every personal achievement. We are pleased that you have selected our school and pledge ourselves to justify the confidence you place in us.
Please note that all decisions applicable to the studio are made by me, Jackie Olson (Owner). If you have questions concerning the studio policies do not take them to the staff. Contact me directly and I will answer your questions.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT TEACH ANY STUDENT WHO IS ENROLLED WITH ANOTHER DANCE SCHOOL..
- NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE STUDIO. This applies to everyone. Do not bring snacks for siblings, unless you take them to your car to eat.
- NO SOLICITING allowed on the premises.
- BAD WEATHER POLICY- If inclement weather is predicted on your child's dance day, please check this website (lower left-home page), our Facebook or Instagram pages.
- All students, regardless of which class they have been assigned, will be evaluated every two months. If any student is not on the required level that benefits them, said student will be assigned to another class on his/her level.
- ALL SMALL CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED BY AN ADULT WHILE IN THE WAITING ROOM. No loud noises, jumping on the furniture or running around.
- Please do not interrupt the instructors while class is in session. Their time belongs to the students.
- Take pride in your studio and help us keep it clean by using the trash cans and not leaving your personal belongings behind. This includes used magazines and newspapers.
- PARENT'S VISITATION week will be in December. We do not allow parents or friends to observe classes as we have a short amount of time to get many things done and we need the attention of the students. But we invite you into class in December to observe the student's class and what they have accomplished.
- THERE WILL BE A BULLETIN BOARD AT THE STUDIO WITH IMPORTANT INFORMATION THROUGHOUT THE YEAR as well as a TV presentation of our monthly newsletter in each waiting area. Please make sure that you check it at least twice a month. The same information will posted on this website. Please check back often.
- EACH WAITING AREA IS ALSO EQUIPPED WITH A TV THAT WILL RUN CURRENT NEWS AND INFORMATION.
- WE HAVE A TWO STORY BUILDING. If your child's classes are in the lower studios, please use the parking area in the back of the building. Be sure not to block ingoing and outgoing traffic on the side drive or in the upper parking area.
- ALL PAYMENTS FOR CLASSES ARE DUE ON THE 10TH OF EACH MONTH. You may now pay "online" or payments may be made at the front desk but must be received by 8:00PM on the 10th. The computer program will automatically add a $10 late charge regardless of the date on the check. Students whose payments are more than two months in arrears will be dropped.
- Make all checks payable to Ann Freeman Dance Academy or "A.F.D.A". There will be a $35 charge for all returned checks, with a request that all payments thereafter be paid by cash.
- There is no reduction in fees for classes missed. Make up classes are available. In case of a prolonged illness special arrangements can be made.
- Our dance year consists of at least 34 lessons plus rehearsals and a recital. Please note that the months with five lessons more than compensate for any months with fewer than 4 lessons due to holidays.
- GIRLS - pink tights, black leotards, pink ballet shoes and black tap shoes. For 3rd grade & up the color of tap and jazz shoes will depend on class level. [Check out the AFDA Dance-wear Store] All preschool children should have black elastic in their tap shoes, not ribbons. This cuts down on the teachers time spent having to tie shoes.
- GUYS - black pants, white t-shirts, black ballet shoes, black tap shoes, black jazz shoes for 3rd grade & up.
- All female students must wear tights and leotards for class. No shorts, sweaters, jackets, hoodie, t-shirts, etc.
- The last week in the month your child may wear a color leotard of their choice. However, the leotard must be in good taste. (No two-piece)
- Dance shoes are not to be worn outside. This is not good for the shoes or the wood dance floor.
- All girl's hair must be pulled back in a tidy manner prior to class. Students in the Level 5-8 classes must have their hair in a bun.
- NO JEWELRY TO BE WORN IN CLASS. Please leave valuables at home.
- Regular attendance is a must.
- We intend to make every effort to keep classes starting and ending on time.
- Students should arrive no more than 10 minutes before their lesson begins, and should be picked up promptly after each lesson is over.